- 2017 Award Winners Photos
- 2017 Award Photos
- Redwood Technologies Group supports our Healthcare & Rehab Finalists
- Spectra Group UK supports Sporting Excellence Award Finalists
- Square Mile Salute and CSARN Honour our 2017 Finalists
- Soldiering On and Skanska Honour 2017 Inspirational Award Finalists at House of Lords
- Voting is Open for the Soldiering On Animal Partnership Award
- House of Lords Awards Finalists’ Reception with Sponsors
- Earl Howe PC & Vicki Michelle MBE Host Finalist Reception
- Angela Rippon to host Soldiering On Awards
The Royal Air Force Tornado Force is a finalist in the Lifetime Achievement category
The Tornado Force was one of of 46 finalists honoured at the recent House of Lords reception. The evening was hosted by the charity’s patron, the Rt Hon Earl Howe PC, and celebrated individuals and organisations for their inspirational and outstanding achievements in support of the Armed Forces Community.
“The Soldiering On Awards recognise the amazing contribution that former members of the Armed Forces – and animal partners – continue to make to society and also those individuals, charities and groups in the wider community who support their journey,” said Earl Howe. “We believe that we are all part of one community and are stronger together supporting each other.”
Put forward for the Award by former Tornado Force member and bestselling author John Nichol, the nomination read:
“The RAF Tornado Force was at the heart of the Cold War through the 1970s and 80s. Since Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait in August 1990, the Tornado Force has been on near continual combat operations around the world. Twenty-five years after first being sent to Iraq, the role of the Tornado has come full circle with its deployment in the fight against Islamic extremists. Despite terrible losses, countless deaths and injuries, in the face of overwhelming odds the men and women of the Tornado Force have displayed courage and determination whilst remaining at the heart of British combat operations.”
Finalists were nominated by members of the public and more than 40 charities and not-for-profit organisations either representing or associated with the wider Armed Forces Community. Winners are selected by a distinguished Independent Judges Panel, co-chaired by General the Lord Dannatt GCB CBE MC DL and Debra Allcock Tyler, Chief Executive of the Directory of Social Change.
This year’s winners will be announced at the 2017 Soldiering On Awards on Friday, 24 March at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel, London.